Terms & Conditions
Hello and welcome to Mase Sound! We’re glad you chose to visit us and we want your experience on our web site, www.masesound.com (the “website”) to be one you'll want to repeat again and again. Please take a moment to read our Terms and Conditions. It will take you through everything from using the website, ordering your goods and paying online, delivery, safety advice and care of your headphones and some details about us. Thanks so much for reading them!
About Our Company
Mase Sound wireless Bluetooth headphones are the creation of Australian fitness leader Nick Mason. More than 10 years of experience in the fitness industry means Nick really understands the importance of finding and keeping your focus in all areas of your life. Mase Sound Headphones evolved to inspire and motivate you with your favourite playlists while you focus on reaching your next personal best in whatever you do! Stylish and functional, Mase Sound headphones have exceptional sound quality and battery life that can really keep up with your pace. Wherever you are, whatever you’re doing, outstanding wireless connectivity means Mase Sound can take you to your world anywhere in the world! Mase Sound; Your music, your way, looking as good as it sounds!
Corporate Responsibility: Mase Sound is committed to ethical trade. We strive to integrate positive social and corporate behavior in all aspects of our operations, from our Relationship Managers and Logistics Experts here in Australia to our talented technical designers and electronic whizzes in China. We don’t just consider financial results when measuring the performance and success of our business; we also review social, environmental and ethical indicators to ensure we are having a positive impact on our world and its people. We invest time in sourcing suppliers and manufacturers that share our values, our social conscience and our vision. We are confident and proud that the manufacturers we engage in other countries provide an ethical, happy and safe environment for those who assemble our products.
Mase Sound Pty Ltd
19 624 433 290
17 Bushranger Road, Terranora, NSW, 2486 Australia
Ordering your Headphones
Create your account: You must be at least 18 years of age to have a customer account with us. Once you create your account, you’ll be able to purchase items from our website, manage your shopping cart, create your wish list and keep up to date with all our latest offers.
Your details: By placing an order on our website, you guarantee to us that you are at least 18 years of age. You agree to provide the following:
- Your real name
- Your email address
- Your billing address
- A delivery address (this may be the same as your billing address)
- A contact phone number (in case we need to speak to you about your order)
The process: All orders are online via our website. When viewing an item, select the colour and the quantity required and then click ‘Add to Cart’. When you’ve finished shopping and reviewed your cart, click the ‘Check Out’ button. After placing your order, you will receive an automated order acknowledgement email. Once you are ready to check out, you will be directed to the shipping confirmation page where you can select the type of delivery you require and complete the delivery and billing addresses. All orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm acceptance to you by confirming that your order has been dispatched.
Backorder: If something you’ve ordered is out of stock it will be marked SOLD OUT on our website. If we are expecting the item in soon, we may send it in a separate parcel after your main order has been dispatched. If we are repeating or expecting more stock of a best-selling item we will make an announcement through social media (Snapchat, Facebook and Instagram). If you are on our mailing list, we will also notify you via email.
Dispatch: We aim to dispatch your order within 48 hours of receiving it. During peak shopping periods (such as Christmas and the Holiday Season), you may need to allow up to 3 business days for the processing and dispatch of your order.
Delivery Options: We offer you a range of delivery options through Australia Post for your products. Our delivery options are:
- Australia Post Express Parcels (additional cost)
- Australia Post Regular Parcels (included in unit price)
- Australia Post Air Mail (Standard delivery)
- Australia Post Express Post International
International customers please note that ‘AIRMAIL’ does not include tracking, however you will be issued with a shipping number.
Additional Services: If you require additional services to the standard services provided by Australia Post such as Express Post, insurance or a signature on delivery, you will need to advise us in the ‘comments’ field of your order. Costs for these additional services will be invoiced to you with your order.
Tracking Numbers: Will be issued via email by our customer service team as part of the processing of your order. A link will be provided in the email to track your parcel.
Processing Time: Please note that Australia Post offer EXPRESS postage which means that your transit time is faster if this option is selected however, we process orders in the order they are received regardless of your postage method selection. During peak periods (such as Christmas) the processing of your order can take up to 3 business days. Please also allow for weekends and public holidays here in Australia when the Post Office is closed.
Responsibility: Once the goods have been accepted for delivery by Australia Post, we cannot be responsible for its delivery to you. Please ensure that the shipping address you provide is complete and accurate. We cannot take any responsibility for incorrect entry of address details. The customer is liable for any additional shipping costs incurred by us due to incorrect address details provided.
Split Delivery: We do not offer Split Delivery.
Events beyond our control: We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event). A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes but is not limited to:
- Strikes or other industrial action.
- Civil commotion, terrorism or threat of, war or threat or preparation for.
- Fire, explosion, adverse weather conditions, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster.
- Disruption to supplies or delivery methods.
- Acts of government or regulatory bodies.
- Disruption to public or private telecommunications networks.
Customs and border control: Occasionally, parcels going overseas may be delayed at customs control when entering your country. This is beyond our control and we cannot be responsible for the late arrival of parcels detained in this way.
When we confirm acceptance of your order by advising you that the goods have been dispatched, a legally binding contract will exist between us. If we do not confirm acceptance, we will refund your payment.
Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a product. If we believe a customer is acting against these Terms and Conditions, we reserve the right to cancel or suspend their order.
This includes non-payment of ordered products and fraudulent use of our website and/or sales. We also reserve the right to bar certain e-mail addresses and telephone numbers from accessing our website to place orders. We will not accept an order from any customer who we have suspended.
Ownership of the goods will only pass to you when we have received full payment.
A person who is not party to the contract shall not have any rights under, or in connection, with it.
By ordering from our website, you agree not to commercially resell any of our products. Commercially reselling our products is a breach of these terms and conditions and your agreement with us.
Payment and Security
Payment Method: We accept Visa, Mastercard and Afterpay (available to customers with Australian bank accounts only). You can also pay via PayPal.
Secure Information: All our payments are securely processed using industry-grade SSL security via the Shopify Payment Gateway. Your credit card number and PayPal login details are secured with them, so we will never see, or store your credit card details.
As stated on our website, our prices are in Australian Dollars ($AUD) and include GST (applicable to customers in Australia). You will be charged in Australian Dollars even if you don’t live in Australia. We reserve the right to alter prices at any time. Overseas orders may incur bank charges for international transactions. Please note that any advertised special offers are subject to availability and may end before originally advertised.
International Orders: International orders are exclusive of GST. Products delivered to destinations outside of Australia may be subject to taxes, fees, levies or other charges, because of local legislation or customs formalities and we advise that you check the import charges applicable in the destination country before ordering goods to be delivered there.
The recipient of the order is responsible for all customs formalities for the import of the products and will be required to pay any additional charges for international delivery, including import duty, formal customs entry, taxes, levies and other charges that may be levied outside of Australia. The recipient of the goods, not the person placing the order, will receive a separate request for payment of these charges. If you are ordering goods to be delivered to someone else, please ensure they are made aware that they will be responsible for these additional charges.
You (or the recipient of the goods if different) will be the importer for all international deliveries of the products. Therefore, before placing an order, it's your responsibility to check that any goods ordered comply with state and federal government import regulations, and that there are no local requirements or restrictions which may affect receipt of your order.
Your Mase Sound Wireless Bluetooth Headphones are covered by a 12month manufacturer’s warranty against defects in the materials and workmanship used in the manufacture of the product. The warranty period will commence on the date of purchase. If a manufacturing fault occurs under normal use (not including general wear and tear) within 12 months of the purchase date, please contact our customer service team firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your proof of purchase, (also required for headphones that have been gifted) and a detailed description of the fault. Your warranty card which was provided in the original packaging on purchase, should have been completed and returned to Mase Sound. If the warranty card has not been returned, warranty will be void. Warranty will not be honoured if the item has been mistreated. Once we have received your claim, if the headphones prove to be defective in material or workmanship under normal use, they will be replaced free of charge. We aim to process your claim within 7 days of receiving it.
The warranty does not cover damage resulting from;
- Improper handling
- Accidents (including scratching, bouncing, falling)
- Natural Disasters and uncontrolled situations (earthquakes, fires, floods)
- Failure to adhere to the instruction manual for set up, storage, charging, care and use
- Normal wear and tear
- Damage or faults with headphones that are beyond the warranty period can not be claimed under warranty.
The warranty will be voided in the case of any third party performing repairs, alterations, dismantling or other work on the headphones without the prior written consent of Mase Sound. Warranty does not include any costs associated with the shipping of the product to Mase Sound or any onsite maintenance servicing. Note: Mase Sound reserve all rights to clarify the interpretation of the warranty. The benefits given to you by this warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies you may have under law and nothing in this warranty purports to restrict, modify or exclude your legal rights as a consumer under Australian Law.
Headphones are capable of delivering sounds at loud volumes and high-pitched tones. Exposure to such sounds can result in permanent hearing loss or damage. The volume level may vary based on conditions such as the device you are using, its reception and volume settings and the environment. We are not responsible for any damage or injury caused to any person or property from the failure to read and adhere to the following safety guidelines;
Prior to First Use
- Headphones must be charged for a minimum of 4 hours before initial use.
- Before putting on the headphones, turn the volume control to its lowest level.
- Put the headset on and slowly adjust the volume to a comfortable level.
- Keep the volume at the lowest level possible and avoid using the headset in noisy environments where you may be inclined to turn up the volume.
- If increased volume is necessary, adjust the volume control slowly.
- If you experience discomfort or ringing in your ears, immediately discontinue using the headphones and consult a physician.
- With continued use at high volume, your ears may become accustomed to the sound level, which may result in permanent damage to your hearing without any noticeable discomfort.
- Using the headphones while operating a motor vehicle, motorcycle, watercraft or bicycle may be dangerous, and is illegal in some jurisdictions. Check your local laws.
- Use caution while using your headphones when engaging in any activity that requires your full attention. While engaging in any such activity, removing the headphones from your ear area or turning off your headphones will keep you from being distracted so as to avoid accident or injury.
- If you have a pacemaker or other electrical medical devices, you should consult your physician before using this product.
- The package contains small parts that may be hazardous to children. Always store the product out of reach of children. Plastic bags and packaging may cause choking if ingested.
- Never try to dismantle the product yourself or push objects of any kind into the product as this may cause short circuits which could result in a fire or electric shock.
- None of the components in this product can be replaced or repaired by users. If you require replacement for any reason, contact Mase Sound.
- Avoid exposing your headphones to rain, moisture or other liquids.
- If the headphones overheat for any reason, have been dropped in a liquid or damaged, discontinue use.
- Never mount or store the product over any airbag deployment area as serious injury may result when an airbag deploys.
- Dispose of the product according to local standards and regulations.
- Do not attempt to replace the battery or tamper with the unit in any way.
- Your headphones are powered by a rechargeable Lithium battery. The full performance of a new battery is achieved only after two or three complete charge and discharge cycles.
- Do not leave a fully charged battery connected to a charger, since overcharging may shorten its lifespan.
- Headphones must be charged for a minimum of 4 hours before initial use.
- If left unused, a fully charged battery will lose its charge over time. Turn the headphones off when not in use.
- If the headphones have not been used for some time, ensure they receive a full charge before their next use.
- Ensure the headphones receive a full charge at least once per month to prevent any damage to the Lithium battery from excessive battery consumption.
- Leaving your headphones in hot or cold places, such as in a closed car in the summer and winter conditions, will reduce the capacity and lifetime of the battery. Always try to keep the battery between 0°C and 45°C (32°F and 113°F). A product with a hot or cold battery may not work temporarily, even when the battery is fully charged.
- **Caution: The battery used in these headphones may present a risk of fire or chemical burn if mistreated. Do not expose to open flames. Batteries may explode if damaged.
- Only recharge your battery with the provided approved charger designated for this product.
- Dispose of batteries according to local regulations and recycle when possible. Do not dispose of the battery as household waste or in a fire as it may explode.
- Do not attempt to charge your product with anything other than the USB charging cord provided with your headphones. The use of any other type of charger may damage or destroy the headphones and could be dangerous. Use of any other type of charging system may void warranty.
- Charge your headphones according to the instructions provided and for a minimum of 4 hours prior to initial use.
- When disconnecting the USB cord, grasp and pull the plug, not the cord. Never use a USB charging cord that is damaged.
- Do not attempt to disassemble the USB charging cord, port or any part of the headphones.
Caring for your Mase Sound Headphones
There are a few simple things you can do to maintain your headphones:
- To prolong the life of the ear cushions, gently pat the cushions with a soft cloth after extensive use. This will remove any oils or perspiration that may remain on the cushions.
- Do not place any stress or pull on the input cable. Doing so may shorten the life of your headphones.
- Make sure the earcup ports are clear of lint, dust and debris. Do not allow moisture to get inside the earcups.
- Periodically wipe the headphones with a damp cloth.
- To maintain white headphones, clean the exterior using a soft cloth slightly dampened with a mixture of dishwashing liquid and water or wipe them with baby wipes.
Headphones can only be returned if they have never been worn or used. Your headphones need to be in brand new condition. This means all original and undamaged packaging and tags, and any protective seals must be intact. Headphones that have been tampered with will not be eligible for return. We are unable to accept returns for any headphones we no longer carry on our website.
You can return any full priced items purchased for a refund or store credit within 14 days of the purchase date on your receipt (for International orders within 30 days of your purchase date). There is no return or refund on sale items. Please choose carefully! We do not offer exchanges as we cannot guarantee that the item you require will be available when the unwanted item is returned. You will be issued with store credit in lieu of exchange and you will need to make a new purchase of the item you require.
Please contact us immediately if you intend to return your item via email at email@example.com. We will then issue you with a Returns Authority Number (RA Number) and a return form to be completed and sent back with the returned item. We will email a form to you to be completed. We will not accept any returns without a return form and an RA Number. Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns or make refunds if we are notified after the 14-day period (30-day period for International orders). Items must be returned via express post or another trackable method and the shipping is at the expense of the customer. After the item has been received, we will inspect it to ensure it is new, unused, and in the same perfect condition in which it was sent. If the item has been used or is damaged (including marked/dirty or scuffed) we have the right to send the item back to you without refund or store credit.
When returning Items, please enclose:
- RA Number with an explanation of the reason for return/comments
- Your contact details, including email address and phone number
Please return your Item to:
17 Bushranger Road
Terranora NSW 2486
Once we have received your returned item and processed it, your refund will be credited to your original method of payment minus the original shipping charges and duties paid. Please allow up to 5 business days for your refund to be processed. You will be notified via email once your refund has been cleared.
Use of Website
Mase Sound provides this website as a service to our customers. These Terms and Conditions govern your use of our website. Please note that your use of the website constitutes your agreement to follow and be legally bound by these Terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not use the website. Mase Sound
will present information and content on this website including, but not limited to, articles, opinions, statistics, product information, photographs, graphics, videos and audio files, as well as user generated content (collectively content). This content is general and provided for information purposes only. And while full care is taken in the preparation of the website’s content, Mase Sound cannot guarantee the accuracy, currency or completeness of the content on this website. Our website may include links to websites owned by other parties. We are not responsible for the material contained on these websites or responsible for their availability and we cannot be held responsible for any damage, loss or offence that may be caused by visiting these sites.
Reasonable care is taken to ensure that photographs on this website and in digital catalogues reflect the true appearance of the products. Some items may appear larger or smaller than their actual size, some items have been enlarged to show detail and colours may differ due to lighting and the technicalities of photography.
Limitation of Liability
- resupplying goods or services to you or supplying equivalent goods;
- repairing the goods; or
- paying to have the goods or services resupplied or goods repaired.
You must notify us without delay of any loss you suffer in connection with this Website or the content and take all other reasonable steps to minimise your loss.
Subject to Your Consumer Rights, we are not liable:
- for any loss that was not reasonably foreseeable to you and us at the time you first used this Website;
- for any business-related loss including loss of revenue, profits, contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill, opportunity, reputation or productivity;
- to the extent that your loss was contributed to by your negligence or breach or any other matter outside our reasonable control (e.g. industrial action or third-party equipment, networks, viruses or malware); and
- any loss to the extent contributed to by your negligence or breach.
We may vary these terms from time to time. If we do, we will replace these terms on our website with our new terms.
While you are using this site, and during the ordering process, any information and data collected from you will be used solely for processing your order and improving our service to you. We will never sell on or disclose information to any third party whatsoever. Any information passed through this website is passed through a secure connection on the internet. If a customer wishes for their information to be removed from our database, this should be requested in writing to Mase Sound, 17 Bushranger Road, Terranora, NSW, 2486, Australia.
Copyright exists in the website (www.masesound.com) and includes and extends to all text, images, graphics, photographs, designs, logos, icons, videos, audios and recordings, words, phrases, proprietary pages and product names referred to and included in the website unless otherwise obtained from a third party who may itself have its own copyright in that material.
Intellectual property means all our proprietary rights and interests including but not limited to all intellectual or industrial property whether registered, or unregistered, non-existing or coming into existence in the future in connection with or related to or otherwise created, invented, designed or otherwise owned by us, as referred to in these Terms and Conditions as varied from time to time and without limitation includes copyright, trademarks, designs, patents, character names, writings, digital content, business names, inventions, ideas, symbols, artwork, confidential information and without limitation includes copyright, trademarks, designs, patents, character names, writings, digital content, business names, inventions, ideas, symbols, artwork, confidential information and moral rights as defined in the Copyright Act (1996, Commonwealth Law) and under the law of a country other than Australia.
From time to time, Mase Sound will ask for photographs video and/or written testimonials about your experience with our headphones for use in promotion of the business on social media pages. In accepting the terms and conditions of the website, you give Mase Sound, and its authorised representatives, permission to use any material submitted by you for the purpose of promoting, advertisement, marketing, publicity or any other lawful purpose. You waive any right to inspect and approve the finished product that may be used or to which it may be applied now and/or in the future, whether that use is known to you or unknown, and you waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising from or related to the use of the image whether intentional or otherwise.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia and you agree to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of that jurisdiction and any appeals from those Courts.
- Entire agreement: These Terms and Conditions form the entire agreement between us and you in relation to the website and your use of it.
- Waiver: Any failure or delay on our part to exercise a power or right we have under these Terms and Conditions (unless in writing to you) does not amount to a waiver of that power or right and will not preclude our entitlement to exercise that power or right at a later date.